If you have always been self-conscious about your teeth and smile but thought you were too old to do anything about it, you can turn to our team in San Clemente, CA about invisalign. Adult orthodontia is more popular than ever with the advances in technology available to people of all ages.
If you are interested in improving your bite or smile, the first step is to set up a consultation with an orthodontist about invisalign in San Clemente, CA. Our compassionate team at San Clemente Orthodontics works with adults and understands the time constraints of busy life with tight schedules. We can offer orthodontic solutions to fit your lifestyle.
Perhaps you have always had crooked teeth or problems with your bite, but it was never addressed when you were a child. Or, you had braces but neglected to wear your retainer and your teeth have moved throughout the years to a point where you would like to fix what you broke by trying out invisalign from San Clemente, CA.
Questions to Ask During Your Consult at San Clemente Orthodontics
- Can my issues be corrected with invisalign, or other orthodontic solutions?
- How long will I have to be under orthodontic care or wear invisalign?
- Are you open at times that are convenient with my work schedule?
- How much will this cost?
- Does my insurance cover the costs?
Possible Orthodontic Treatment Options
You are probably aware that there are alternatives to the standard metal braces but may not be sure whether issues could be corrected by our team in San Clemente, CA with invisalign treatment. Here are examples of the various treatment options available to you:
- Traditional Metal Braces: These are made of stainless steel and entail the use of brackets. The back brackets go around the entire tooth, while the brackets closer to the front are just glued to the front of your teeth. These brackets can be irritating to the inside of your mouth — especially for the first few weeks. A wire is threaded through the brackets and anchored behind the bracket furthest back in your mouth. Each month or so the wire is changed out and another one installed. You may feel some discomfort after an adjustment because the wire’s job is to align your teeth.
- Braces using Clear Ceramic: These are installed and work the same as metal braces, only they are clear and not as noticeable. Because they are not as strong as their stainless-steel counterparts, they can come loose easier.
- Concealed Braces: These can also be called lingual braces and are installed to the back of the teeth and not visible.
- Invisalign: This is a popular option and uses removable plastic trays to align your teeth. You can eat what you like because you don’t have to worry about brackets or wires. Let your orthodontist know if you have bridgework or veneers as these may be factors in choosing invisalign as an option. If you had braces in the past and your teeth have shifted, this may be a great way to shift those teeth back discreetly and regain your beautiful smile.
Our office is open for consultations and we respect that your time is valuable, so we work hard to keep appointments on schedule. Our supportive team at San Clemente Orthodontics would be happy to meet with you to discuss how to improve your teeth in San Clemente, CA using invisalign treatment — so please call John Redmond Orthodontics today!