Orthodontics San Clemente, CA
If you’re looking for treatment of orthodontics in San Clemente, California, then you already understand the long-lasting value of a beautiful smile and a good bite. The team at John Redmond Orthodontics in San Clemente, CA has been helping patients for decades and we’re ready to help you!
Why Use Orthodontics in San Clemente, CA?
When you think of caring for your teeth you may focus on what your dentist does for you: teeth cleanings, fillings, x-rays, etc. But a quality, comprehensive dental health care plan should also include orthodontic treatment. And orthodontics in San Clemente, CA is for all ages!
Children and teenagers are often associated with orthodontic treatment. In some cases, certain results may only be possible if treatment is started before someone has finished growing. However, through Invisalign and other more discrete treatments, adults of all ages are seeing positive results.
The benefits of orthodontics in San Clemente, CA extend beyond the visible smile. Patients experiencing the following can take advantage of orthodontics in San Clemente, CA:
- Protruding teeth
- Difficulty speaking
- Difficulty chewing or biting
- Inability to close lips completely
- Grinding/clenching teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sounds
Orthodontia was once associated with only clunky, metal braces that provided a silver smile. But today, there are so many more options available. These new options are not only more comfortable to wear but also less noticeable when patients speak and smile.
Your diagnosis will dictate the best treatment option for you, but in general here are some of the possibilities:
- Traditional braces: a bracket is affixed to each tooth. Wires thread through the brackets.
- Ceramic braces: these work the same way, but are tooth-colored. These are next to invisible.
- Self-Ligating braces: available in metal and ceramic (also next to invisible). Built in clips hold wires to the brackets.
- Clear aligners: patients are responsible for putting these in and removing them. Each one is worn for 2-3 weeks. The full number of aligners needed depends on the diagnosis.
- Retainers: these clear, thin plastic-like molds fit the exact placement of teeth. They can be removable or permanent and are meant to hold teeth in the their new positions once orthodontic treatment is complete.
Orthodontists can also supply other types of protective and preventive devices. Mouth guards are often used by athletes to protect teeth from trauma during play. An orthodontist can fit you with a custom mouth guard to deliver the most protection.
If you or a loved one has trouble with sleep apnea an orthodontist can fit you with a custom device built to hold the lower jaw slightly open and slightly forward.
Why John Redmond Orthodontics
For decades, the team at John Redmond Orthodontics has been helping people of all ages to smile brighter while improving biting, chewing and speaking for our patients.
Dr. M. John Redmond completed his master’s thesis in digital orthodontics and treatment predictions. He is an active member in several professional associations, including the American Association of Orthodontists.
Dr. Redmond leads a team of dedicated coordinators and certified orthodontic assistants who are thrilled to design better smiles. When you’re looking for a San Clemente, CA orthodontics team look no further than John Redmond Orthodontics. To schedule your consultation, call us now.